Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day ???+1

The past few days have been relatively slow. Haven't really received any new briefs apart from the one for Inka pens which I have conveniently forgotten to mention in my previous posts.
Anyways, here is a quick flashback.
Receive an e-mail from Garry saying that since I should have a proper portfolio by the time I am out of here, I should work on award winning briefs. Also got a link to Inka pens (basically pens which write anywhere-underwater, upside down, in zero gravity-anywhere!)
So the painful part of research begins all over again. This time I started off with looking at competitor's ads as it would be quite possible that I might come up with concepts which have already be done. Also, watching ads can serve as an inspiration to think out of the box. I just loved the Bic infinity ad. Although it was for pens with more ink, it was one of the simplest and most brilliant executions I have ever seen for pens till date.
Back to research. Found the original link to Inka pens. They also have a lot of competitors. Read up on the competitors as well. As I like to write myself (even though my handwriting sucks) I quite enjoyed researching for Inka. In fact I even read quite a few testimonials for various pens written by pen lovers around the world, hoping I will be struck by inspiration.
Unfortunately I had lectures so I had to live early.
Hoping to work on it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment